Monday, October 28, 2013

My New Favorite Charlottesville Paleo Spot

I have eaten in dozens of restaurants since I went Paleo and had plenty of good Paleo meals but nothing has really stood out.  In many cases even the soundest Paleo choice has some sort of cheat attached unless you significantly stray from the menu.  That was all true until today.  My wife had a doc appt this morning and by the time she was done it was well after lunch and we were starving.  We decided to try something new and I conducted my standard search for Paleo restaurants and came up with the same old results.  I had seen Eppie's pop up before but for some reason it never sparked my interest.  It was the only one I saw that we had not eaten at so we decided to try it out.  I was not disappointed.

Eppie's has a gluten free menu with a meat and veggies section that is perfect if your Paleo.  I chose the dark meat jerk chicken plate and since I dropped the cornbread got to choose three sides.   I chose collard greens, broccoli, and the sweet potato.  My wife got the white meat lemon pepper chicken with fruit, a salad, and broccoli.  Each of these plates was a reasonable $10 but the jury was still out.  I picked up the plates and took them to our table.  The food looked wonderful and there was a lot of it.  I started out with the chicken and it was perfect, the jerk flavors were awesome and the meat was perfectly cooked.  On to the veggies, with expectations of over cooked mush, these were the biggest surprise.  The collard greens had a hint of vinegar and were cooked just right.  The broccoli was bright green and also cooked just right.  Then there was the sweet potato, ok so I am pretty sure it came with a bunch of butter on it, but either way it was spectacular.

If I had any idea of how fantastic this lunch was going to be I would have taken a picture but then again it gives me a reason to get back to Eppie's as soon as I can.  This was hands down one of the best lunches I have had for $10 and easily my #1 Paleo choice.

Thanks for stopping by,
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment