Thursday, October 3, 2013

The St. Patty's Challenge Baseline Stats


As promised, here are my baseline statistics. I highlighted some key measures I will be most interested in when I get tested again in about 6 months. I was pretty surprised by the 12.9% body fat and setting a goal of 10-12% body fat by Christmas or St Patty's is hardly a significant challenge. This also highlights the incredible inaccuracy of my home scale in measuring body fat.  My pace at lactate threshold was also a little surprising.  While I didn't really have any true expectations, after the fact, I would expect or hope to be in the middle 9s but was my threshold pace was a little under 11 minutes.  I will dedicate a few upcoming posts to fully explaining these stats and how I am using them to tailor my training plan.  

I am still considering what my new targets will be but for now I am hoping to achieve 8% body fat, any increase in lean body mass, and a lactate threshold pace of 9 minutes or less.  

In my next St Patty's Challenge post I will give you a glimpse into the nutrition and training plan I am developing based on prior plans and Dr. Weltman's feedback.  Please shoot me an email at chuck.brady@bradynutrition.com if you want to get an idea of what to expect from UVA's Exercise Physiology Lab or how you might use the results to optimize your training.  

Thanks again for your support and interest!

Weight171.897
BP Systolic at Rest130
BP Diastolic at Rest70
Resting HR82
Avg Sleep7.5
Neck14
Bicep12.3
Forearm11
Chest37
Waist34
Hips40
Thigh21.3
Calf15.5
V02 Max55.6 mL/kg/min
BP Systolic Peak150
BP Diastolic Peak80
Lactate Threshold Pace0:10:54
Peak Pace0:06:40
Lactate Threshold RPE11
Peak RPE18
Lactate Threshold HR140
Peak HR186
Body Fat12.9%
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)1794
Total Energy Expenditure (Active)3122
Total Cholesterol160
HDL65
Triglyceride55
VLDL11
LDL84

No comments:

Post a Comment