Thursday, January 9, 2014

Long Overdue, New Year Update

Happy New Year! I am still here.  Wow, have I been MIA on the blog.  Thanks to those that prodded me to get back on here and apologies to those of you who have been loyal readers.

As you may or may not know my family has a tradition of hunting in the fall.  This generally means that most things get back burnered between sometime in October and the New Year.  That is not a very good excuse so I will have to do a little better next season. At least this year we had some pretty good luck out at the Hightree Camp.

Since my last update I have continued to refine my personal Paleo philosophy and have stayed the course
even through the holidays.  I have generally stuck to my training plan which has been pretty light up until a few weeks ago. I have started doing more strength work and in light of the upcoming Shamrock Half-Marathon I thought I should work in some long runs

Nutrition:
I have been primarily estimating my macro-nutrient intake and believe I run about a 25% Carb, 25% Protein, and 50% Fat breakdown.

Stats:
My weight has continued to stay steady between 172-175. I have not gone for a follow up bodpod scan yet but have been using calipers to estimate my body fat.  While it seems to be slowing my body composition still seems to be improving and based on all the evidence believe my body fat is right around 10%.  I will be returning to the bodpod soon for a midpoint body fat check.  Stand by for those results.

General Wellness:
I continue to feel great as long as I stick to a pretty regular sleep schedule and avoid significant cheats

Summary:
While I have fell off the blog for a while the St. Patty's challenge is still alive and well.  The challenge will be topped off with the Virginia Beach Shamrock Half Marathon in March.  Following the race I will get a body composition work up and some blood tests and post the final results.

I have a number of posts I am working on and those should be coming out regularly over the next few weeks so stay tuned.

Thanks!
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment