Saturday, October 19, 2013

Discover Coconut Water


I tried coconut water for the first time before I started down the Paleo track and while I liked it I wasn't willing to shell out $2-3 per drink. Since going Paleo it has increasingly become a staple in my house.  This cloudy water may be a little strange at first drink but once your palate has adjusted to not having so many processed sugars there a lot of wondrous flavors that emerge.  It’s also great for hydration and an excellent source of electrolytes.
Watch out for added sugar!  There are a couple mainstream coconut waters that taste especially delicious but that is because they dump in a bunch of sugar.  If you haven’t done so check the ingredient list and avoid those that don’t have the purest ingredients. 
For the budget conscious consider getting the Whole Foods 365 Coconut Water.  It is about the best deal you can find, especially if you get the one that looks like it is in a broth container. 

A few days ago I was headed out of the checkout and snagged a C2O Coconut Water.  It was close in price to the 365 and to my surprise had pulp.  I didn't know what to expect but after checking the ingredients noticed the pulp was from young coconuts.  If you have ever busted open your own young coconut then you know the meat is soft and a little slimy but very delicious.  I cracked open the can on the way home and to my surprise the water was packed with pulp.  The pulp was just like little spooned out chunks of a young coconut’s flesh.  It was awesome.  The water also had a much fresher flavor like you get when drinking the water directly from a young coconut. 
For those of you who have made coconut water a regular item in your shopping cart or if you just want to try something different grab one with pulp.  You won’t be sorry they are delicious!

Coconuts are amazing!

Thanks for stopping by,
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment