Sunday, February 16, 2014

I want to go Paleo but can't ditch my delicious coffee!

Hi everyone, this is Steph, I truly fall into the category of one of those who cannot under any circumstance compromise on my coffee.  This was a huge cheat of mine for a while but Chuck slowly offered up alternatives until I got to the coffee I drink today. This recipe might not be exactly what your old coffee was like but you will be surprised how good it can be.  Most important is don't skimp on the coffee. When you are ditching the sugar gue juice the least you can do for yourself is get some really good coffee.






Ingredients:
  • High quality whole bean coffee
  • 1-3 tbsp pastured heavy cream
  • 1/8-1/2 tsp stevia powder 
    • NOTE: make sure what you pick up is pure stevia as many of the products out there have other additives.  We use Sweetleaf Stevia Powder 
  • Optional
    • 1 tbsp butter
    • 1 tbsp coconut oil
    • cacao powder
    • fresh nutmeg
    • cinnamon
    • etc
Directions:
Start light and keep adding stevia and heavy cream to your coffee until you are happy with the mix.  Over time you will likely use less and less stevia. If you get brave try adding some grass-fed butter and/or coconut oil. I don't do this all the time but when Chuck mixes me one of his Phatty Coffees I am usually surprised at how delicious it is and he doesn't use stevia at all. We keep fresh nutmeg, cacao, and cinnamon right by the coffee maker and we may throw a pinch of some of that stuff in when we want to mix things up.

This new Paleo coffee may not fully replace your caramel macchiato at first but it is a great alternative and it won't take long before you won't miss the sugar drinks at all.

Thanks
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment