Saturday, September 21, 2013

Brady Nutrition Phatty Coffee


So this is how I make my Phatty Coffee.  I have this almost every morning but especially when I am fasting. I try to do an 18 hour fast three or four days a week.  I have primarily been inspired by The Fat Burning Man, Abel James’ Fatty Coffee.  You can check him out on his website at Fat Burning Man 

It seems like I buy most of my groceries at Wholefoods these days and you can find all of this at the Charlottesville Wholefoods.


I toss in 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Kerrygold grass fed unsalted butter into the bottom of my coffee cup.  Then I toss in 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil usually Wholefoods 365 extra virgin coconut oil.  I sprinkle a little cinnamon but not too much since it is easy to put too much.  Then I throw in 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cacao powder.  Lately I have been adding in some fresh nutmeg also.  I usually buy whatever whole bean coffee is on sale.  I brew up a pot and poor some in my cup.  I stir it around for a minute or so and drink it up for a delicious fatty jolt in the morning.  I plan to try MCT oil in place of the coconut oil at some point soon.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment