Friday, September 20, 2013

The Barista and My Fatty Coffee



This morning I got up extra early so I could start the weekend a little early.  I decided I would kick the day off with a Fatty Coffee and fast until after work when I meet up with a couple friends.  When I went to bed last night I realized I had not ground my coffee and running the grinder at 5:30 AM would certainly lead to a toddler uprising in my house.  My wife suggested I load my coffee mug with my standard fatty coffee ingredients and head to the local coffee shop to cover down.  I thought this was a great idea.  So sitting in the bottom of my coffee mug is a tablespoon of very yellow grass fed butter, a table spoon of coconut oil, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and about a teaspoon of pure cacao powder.  I roll into the coffee shop, order a CafĂ© Americano and hand over my mug to the barista.  She asked if I would like room for cream glances into my mug and her face dropped and began to resemble the face of someone that was ready to lose their lunch.  As she grimaced in discomfort I assured her twice in quick succession that everything was OK.  She reluctantly moved to the espresso machine looked back at me and asked in a distressed voice what I had in there.  I very briefly explained without going into too much detail and she let me know she thought she had heard somewhere that this was good for you.  It was definitely a priceless coffee shop moment and the Fatty Coffee was exceptionally delicious this morning.
Check out the specifics on my Phatty Coffee at Chuck's Phatty Coffee
I have primarily been inspired by The Fat Burning Man, Able James’ Fatty Coffee.  You can check him out on his website at fatburningman.com and he has a video on Fatty Coffee located here Able James' Fatty Coffee


For those keeping track I finally broke below 174 this morning with a weight in at 173.8

No comments:

Post a Comment