Saturday, September 14, 2013

Glen Arnold Memorial Special Olympics 10K Results

Wow it was a beautiful morning for the Glen Arnold Memorial Special Olympics 10K.  We spent most of the hour before the race trying to stay warm.  It was in the 50's and although everyone was clearly uncomfortable most of us knew this was perfect race weather.  My crew drank some Brady Nutrition Endurance drink and headed to the start line.  The race started out in a bit of a bottle neck leading out to the main road.  The racers were all mixed up so I spent the first half mile trying to work into my pace group.  The first mile was a gentle down hill that was perfect to get warmed up on.  The second mile was back up the same hill and reminded me that I still had a ways to go.  The road was beautiful with stately homes and the sun rising over dew covered fields with crisp cool air occasionally rolling by.  I finished in 53 minutes easily 10 minutes faster than my best expectations and the whole crew I was running with absolutely crushed the run.  Congrats to the the soldiers out there running the 10K with full rucks on and thank you for your service. Thanks to the Albermarle police department for keeping the road clear and safe.  And finally congrats and thanks to all those that ran the race and supported such a great cause!

No comments:

Post a Comment