Sunday, September 29, 2013

My Christmas Challenge

Unfortunately, I have not been very diligent about taking pictures of myself, measuring body fat accurately, or taking general body measurements during my Paleo adventure.  So to get myself to track things a little closer, have a little extra accountability, and show everybody out there what a paleo type lifestyle can do for you, I have decided to give myself a Brady Nutrition Christmas Challenge AKA before New Years resolution.

Over the next 3 months I will continue my transformation and fully document it on this blog.  During this time I am going to evolve my own Brady Nutrition Philosophy, to include how I eat, train, play, work, etc.  I believe that my body fat is somewhere around 19-20% (based on my cheap inaccurate scale) and as of today I weigh 174lbs.  I am going to schedule a Bodpod scan and VO2 Max test as early as possible to get a true body fat baseline and some general fitness measures.  My blood work is pretty recent so it should work as a baseline.  Every week I am going to post everything I eat, how I feel, exactly what exercise I am doing, all the measurements I can accurately take at home, and a picture.  My goal is to take my health and fitness to the next level.  I primarily want to achieve greater lean body mass and general fitness, not necessarily weight loss.  At the end of the experiment I will get fresh blood work, VO2 Max, a Bodpod scan, and post the final results.  I hope to reach 10-12% body fat, which is a little ambitious but should keep me focused.  I am not too concerned about my blood work but it will be interesting to see how the numbers change.

Thanks for everyone who is supporting me and I hope I can be an inspiration to some of you to change your lives and get healthy.  If you are interested in taking your own Brady Nutrition Challenge let me know and I can help you make a plan and support you on your adventure.  We can document your progress and results on the blog if you like.  Here goes nothing, my next post on the challenge will have my initial numbers.

Thanks
Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment